11 May 10 Things That I’m Stoked about this Summer!
It’s May and the countdown to summer break has begun in the Mandrell home. Just for fun, I made a list of 10 things I’m PUMPED about this June, July, August.
- Pine Cove Family Camp. A week of rest, worship, skits, zip lines. Can’t. Even. Wait. If you’ve never tried a family camp, talk to me. Our kids love it more than Disney World.
- Summer morning routine. No more making lunches and whipping up early eggs. The kids sleep in and life moves a slower pace. Of course, going back to school in August is always a nice change as well.
- Summer Studies @ Storyline. We just unveiled a list of groups/events for this summer! Lynley and I are excited to lead three marriage enrichment nights for couples called Re|Engage.
- Designing Storyline’s First Resource Initiative. In June, I am working with some key financial leaders in our church to design the plan for our first fundraising effort. The goal: to pay off the land and begin site work for a future home.
- I love Yurts. Camping with Style. Just a booked a night in June at Golden Gate Canyon Park. Anybody know other awesome Yurt/Cabin places? Do Share.
- Lynley’s birthday. Positioned exactly 6 months from Christmas, on June 25. God wanted to spread out the gifts for my lady.
- Kids Camp. June 27-30. Submerged. I’ll be dressed in skit clothes most days at RVHS. Sign up online! And most importantly: invite your neighbors!
- Storyline @ the Ball Park. July 18, Doug and Storyline singers kick off the game with the Star Spangled Banner. Hot dogs, popcorn, large Coke please.
- Sports of All Sorts Camp. July 25-28. Such a fun evening playtime. Our kids love this camp.
- Outdoor Baptism. 21. Our first time ever dunking in the great outdoors. Sunday afternoon food, fun, and celebration. Location: a hidden lake right across the street from the YMCA.