18 Dec 5 Big Missions “Wins” in 2017
Revelation 7:9-10 describes heaven as “a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages” worshiping Jesus together. It is our dream to be a part of bringing the news of Jesus to the nations. We see global missions as more than short-term tourism, but an opportunity for long-term partnership with leaders around the world.
We wanted to share some of the ways God has been at work in and through Storyline around the world in 2017:
1. We sent our first short-term team to San Pedro, Belize.
In July, Storyline sent out a team of 23 people for our first ever international mission trip. This team repaired bicycles, put on a kids’ camp and helped a church plant with their weekend services.
2. The Golen family spent the summer scouting opportunities for Storyline to connect with church planters in London.
Due to a short-term work placement, Tim, Courtney & McKenzie spent several weeks in the U.K. getting a feel for the kind of mission work that is happening there.
3. A team of Storyliners spent nearly two weeks in Amman, Jordan.
This team treated medical needs, provided dental care, and connected refugees to local ministries.
4. We sent out Ian and Laura Ebersole to serve in Cambodia with Engineering Ministries International (EMI).
As part of a new EMI office, they will be serving orphanages, churches, hospitals, and relief agencies among the poorest of the poor in Cambodia.
5. We continued to pray for and support the Crandalls in Thailand.
Nathan, Stephanie, Isaac, and Grace are Church Planters in Northern Thailand and the surrounding region. They are working among an unreached people group of 7 million people with less than .05% of whom are Christian.
In 2018, we will have more opportunities to serve globally (Bangkok, London, Jordan and more)! Continue to pray with us about how our church—and you!—can be a part of what God is doing around the world. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to learn more.