Coronavirus Update March 20, 2020:
Hi, Storyline Family,
We wanted to let you know that for the foreseeable future, Storyline is going fully online. Sunday services, home groups, giving, student and kids resources – it will all be online. So, plan to stay connected through our social media and website, storylinefellowship.com, where you’ll find the most up-to-date information about what’s happening in the life of our church.
Stay tuned for more details on our website and in your email inbox in the next few days about how you can stay connected!
Coronavirus Update March 13, 2020:
The spread of COVID-19, the coronavirus, has become a global, national and local concern. We are staying as current as possible on updates from civic and church leaders and wanted to let you know some decisions and recommendations Storyline Fellowship is making for our church family:
Church Gatherings (No Sunday or Group Gatherings):
This Sunday, March 15, we will NOT gather in person for our Sunday services. Instead we will post an online worship service, which will be available on Sunday at 9:00 and 10:30 am on Facebook. This service as well as past sermons and family worship resources will also be available on our Storyline website. We encourage you to worship at home and invite a neighbor or friend to join us online. In a time of uncertainty and fear, we can hear and bring gospel hope.
Cancelling these services was a very difficult decision for us, but we have been guided by two principles: (1) loving our neighbors, many of whom, like the elderly or those with prior medical conditions, are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19. (2) Honoring our governing officials, who have urged extreme caution, including Gov. Polis’ directive to cancel all events with more than 250 people.
We will continue to assess the situation throughout this week and will communicate a decision regarding our March 22 worship gatherings by Friday, March 20.
Other Gatherings and Events:
Any official Storyline events scheduled between today and next Saturday, March 21 will not be meeting as scheduled. This includes all Home Groups, Student Ministry events and activities, Bible Studies, and Storyline building usage including the gym. We encourage our Home Group leaders and members to reach out and check on each other, particularly any members who may be at risk or homebound and look to meet specific needs.
Communication, Resources and Prayer:
We are actively discussing the best ways to love both our community and our people in this time. We recognize that this is a dynamic situation with constant new information and updates. We will communicate all decisions or changes on social media, via email and our website.
While we do not know what will happen as this situation changes, we do know that we can, and must, pray. As we look to the days and weeks ahead, would you join us in prayer?
· Prayer. Ask God, in his mercy, to stem the tide of this growing pandemic, not only in our communities, but in cities around the world. (Isaiah 59:1-2) Pray that those called to address this crisis (health care professionals and local and national leaders) would be equipped to handle this situation with wisdom and compassion (Romans 13:1-4; I Timothy 2:1-2). Pray for our overseas missionaries, that they would act as God’s ambassadors, continuing to offer the hope of the gospel (Mark 16:15).
· The Word. Most of our devotional and prayer life already occurs when we are alone with the Lord. Don’t neglect fellowship with Jesus during this time.
· Encouragement. Make a call, send a text, write an e-mail. Over the next couple of weeks, take some time to encourage each other (Hebrews 10:24-25), even if you can’t be physically present together. Let’s be a church that continues to love well!
· Giving. You can continue to give tithes and offerings on our website. Many in our church have set up recurring weekly or monthly gifts so they can faithfully give even when they can’t attend.
· Other resources. We recommend staying up to date with accurate information from the CDC and the Colorado Dept of Health. We encourage everyone to take basic precautions and follow the recommended procedures to help keep yourself healthy.
As we engage with this virus and its results, let’s remember Isaiah 41:10, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand”. Let’s remember to put our trust in the Lord who is the great physician. Let’s pray for healing over our city, our state, our nation, and our world.
Thankful for each of you,
Storyline Staff and Elders
PRESCHOOL, ELEMENTARY, AND BRIDGE (4TH & 5TH GRADE)