Production and Technology Manager
SUMMARY: The Production Manager will oversee all aspects of technically producing Storyline’s services, conferences, and other ministry events on campus and other off-site locations. He/she is also directly responsible for building & maintaining the department staff and volunteers needed as well as ensuring the function and repair of all technological processes and equipment in a timely manner.
SUNDAY MORNING SERVICES DIRECTION:
- Lead the weekend production team to implement and carry out the vision of the Lead Pastor and the Worship Pastor for the weekend worship experience(s).
- Be a contributing member for all weekend service planning and evaluation meetings.
- Recruit and develop volunteer teams for audio, lighting, video, and stage; shepherd those volunteers well.
- Develop all the skills needed for production in our facility. Equip other team members to accomplish those skills and empower high capacity team members to train other production volunteers.
PRODUCTION EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE:
- Check all audio, lighting, stage, video, rigging and arrange repairs as needed.
- Organize and maintain a clean, safe, and functional use of space in front of house and backstage areas.
- Keep up to date with developments in the audio, video, and lighting (A/V/L) industries.
- Suggest improvements to the A/V/L systems in our facility.
BROADER MINISTRY PRODUCTION:
- Serve as a liaison between Worship Arts and other ministries needing A/V/L assistance.
- Develop and manage the Technical Production Budget and resources.
- Deal helpfully and constructively with all other staff members, lay leaders and volunteers within the Storyline Church body.
- Represent Storyline Fellowship in a Christ-like manner in our community.
- Implement, oversee, and support all technology for facility and ministry teams.
- Provide technology training for staff and leaders as necessary.
- Keep up to date with developments in applicable technology industries.
Relationship with Storyline Team:
- I receive input from: Worship Pastor/Lead Pastor/Director of Operations
- I work with: Worship Pastor/Director of Operations
- I lead: Volunteer Tech Team; Paid contract workers
Knowledge and competency, with the ability to equip others, in the following technologies:
- Live Sound – Digital Audio Consoles
- Live Video – iMag, Multi-Camera, Switching
- Lighting Design
- Maintenance and Control
- Media Presentation and Projection
- Network Audio
- Multi-Track Recording and Post-Mixing
- 2-3 years of comprehensive technical experience in a large-scale church setting.
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability, creativity, self-motivation, and strong time management skills.
- Must be able to multi-task a broad range of projects and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Must possess the ability to maintain discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as multi-generational interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of and alignment with the core values, mission and vision of Storyline Fellowship.