The Facilities Manager will oversee the management and operations of all the physical facilities of the church, providing oversight and responsibility for the buildings, grounds, parking lots, equipment, building systems, general security, and housekeeping, ensuring the facilities are fully operational, safe, clean and neat, and prepared for services and ministry activities. This manager will support ministry event preparation and planning, and will maintain security standards and procedures
Facility Maintenance and Repairs:
- Manage and perform all work related to the maintenance and repair of facilities. (including but not limited to building inspections, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, custodial, landscape, waste management and security).
- Ensure all church facilities and grounds are well maintained and ready for Sunday services and mid-week events.
- Oversee janitorial/cleaning of the facilities mid-week, weekends, and as needed.
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining supplies and equipment on an on-going basis.
- Serve as primary contact for facility related emergencies, which may require evening and weekend work.
- Implement, monitor, and follow policies and procedures designed to improve. operations, minimize operating costs, and provide efficient use of labor and materials.
- Maintain expenditures related to the building, facilities, and grounds repairs and maintenance in accordance with the approved budget.
- Work with the Director of Operations, Leadership Team, and Elders to report problems, solutions and costs associated with projects not approved in the budget, and provide input to development of the annual budget.
- Schedule and coordinate work with outside contractors, as necessary.
Safety and Security:
- Work with appropriate government agencies to ensure that buildings are safe and meet current code requirements; must be familiar with and ensure compliance of OSHA regulations and standards.
- Develop and maintain security standards and procedures for facilities and ministry departments.
Ministry Event Coordination:
- Oversee and provide event coordination. Ensure proper scheduling of set up and take down for meetings, special events, worship, weddings, memorial services, and otherwise as directed.
- Develop and manage volunteer facilities team. Schedule and coordinate efforts of the team, as needed. Act as point of care for all facilities team members.
RELATIONSHIP WITH STORYLINE TEAM:
- I receive input from: Director of Strategy and Operations/Leadership Team
- I work with: Ministry Leaders/Director of Strategy and Operations/Leadership Team
- I lead: Facility Volunteer Team/Part-Time Facility Assistants
- Knowledge of the practices, methods, and equipment utilized in facility maintenance, construction, and repair activities; including skills and abilities related to plumbing, janitorial, electrical systems, painting, carpentry, construction and heating and air conditioning systems.
- Knowledge of security practices and protocol related to facility management .
- Knowledge of safety practices and applicable regulations.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge in all Microsoft Office software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of the approaches and techniques involved in budgeting, labor relations, contract management, project management, record keeping, etc.
- Capable of coordinating multiple tasks and adjusting to the changing priorities, meeting deadlines, and scheduling of a growing church.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and take initiative.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, balance competing priorities and tight deadlines, work under pressure and remain flexible.
- Ability to recruit and train others so the church is fully equipped to respond to any need pertaining to grounds and facilities.
- Must be able to use discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in decision making.
- Understanding of and alignment with the core values, mission and vision of Storyline Fellowship.