At Storyline, we value membership. Our leadership structure is best described as: congregationally informed, elder led, and staff managed. Thus, we want our members to feel like they are in-the-know and up-to-speed on how to pray and serve. We believe in fostering a sense of ownership and accountability among those who have officially joined and identified themselves as “owners” of the vision.
How do I become a member?
There are four things we’ve identified as necessary for membership at Storyline:
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is there point in your life when you turned away from your sin in repentance and began a new life in obedience to Christ?
- Discuss baptism with a pastor. Has there been a time when you publicly proclaimed your relationship with Jesus through believer’s baptism?
- Attend our Discover Storyline class. In this class, you’ll get an inside look at who we are, what we believe, and our vision for the future. Click here to sign up for our next class.
- Complete our Membership Form. After you fill out this brief form, a pastor will contact you to follow up.
Do you have other questions about this process? Email Lindsay Acocella at email@example.com.
I’m already a member. Now what?
Welcome to the Storyline family! As a member, we hope you’ll plug in even deeper in your Home Group and Serve Team. Not in a Home Group yet? Click here to get connected. Haven’t found your place to serve? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you find the ministry that fits you!
We’d also like to invite you to be a part of our Catch the Vision member gatherings. A few times a year, we gather for one hour on Sunday afternoon to:
- Hear from the Lead Pastor on the strategic planning and forthcoming vision.
- Inform the members of key needs and service opportunities in the church.
- Pray together.
- Vote on elders and other big-picture items in the church.
- Recognize and introduce our new members.
- Share sensitive information on the inner-workings of our church.
- …and discuss a host of other items that pop up throughout the year!