A Vision for Multiplying
At Storyline, we have a vision to plant multiplying churches that are reaching, developing, and discipling people for Christ. We are actively seeking and praying for planters who God is calling to help us accomplish His work.
A Mountain to Climb
Church planting is hard. Between 1998-2008 in the Denver metro area, there was a staggering 80% failure rate among evangelical church plants. What are some reasons? Lack of leadership training, inadequate funding, family pressures and inability to share the gospel to name a few. A church planting residency can adequately address these issues and more.
A Strategy to Get There
Our strategy is a church planting residency where planters can be equipped, sent and cared for as God builds new churches through them. The residency combines the benefits of a formal church planting assessment (Send Network) with the informal, ongoing assessment of a local church (Storyline). In this nine-month incubator the planter can survey the city, gain valuable church planting leadership tools, allow time to acclimate to the culture, and experience the joy of being sent out by our church.
Why Come to Storyline?
The Church Planting Residency at Storyline will offer personal, comprehensive training and care for the church planter, his family and his church. From residency through launch and beyond, we’re with you and for you. We’re helping you get funded. We’re looking out for your marriage. We’re watching for signs of discouragement. We’re praying with you. We’re helping you stay true to the gospel. We’re providing a safe haven to work through issues that left unaddressed, could negatively impact your church to come.
Other Benefits of the Residency:
- Training – A nine-month, cohort-style program emphasizing preaching, practical leadership and more. See Multiply to find out more.
- Relationships – Investment from Storyline’s staff and leaders as well as a family-like connection with your cohort.
- Housing – we offer very affordable housing plus a generous monthly stipend.
- Funding – you’ll receive financial support through our network of partners.
- Coaching – ongoing coaching and care after your church is planted.